Rss Feed
Tweeter button
Facebook button

Counting Calorie Programs – MyFitnessPal.com

If you are a member of Team Dragon Fit, the one thing you are going to hear from me constantly is that 80% of the results is nutrition and 20% is the workouts.  You need both but be sure to nail down the larger piece, which is the nutrition (the 80%).  If you are using a Beachbody program, then you have the other 20% figured out already for you.

I lost 22 lbs. in my first round of P90x.  Solid results, but average still.  I did not have my nutrition figured out.  I wanted extreme results so I got a coach who showed me how important it is to count calories.  I began doing that my second round of P90x and I lost a jaw dropping 55 lbs. in 90 days.  What was the difference?  Simply, I tracked, weighed and counted every calorie that went into my mouth.

That may seem daunting at first, but is actually quite easy.  There are so many tools out there that can do this.  One I will highlight today is MyFitnessPal.com.  The best thing is this program is 100% free!!  I like that I can use it on my iPhone or my iPad and even use it on myfitnesspal.com and all the data is synced between the different platforms.

So here is an example screenshot of the app I downloaded.  You can create a new account by clicking “Get Started”.

 

 

Once you have your profile setup and your target calories entered for a day, then you are all set to start counting calories.  I hit my personal target of getting below 10% body fat so you can see I set up 3600 calories as part of my daily “mass building” goal.

 

Now let’s enter some food.  I first start entering the meals for my morning by tapping “breakfast”.

Then, you can start entering food.  When just starting, I highly recommend “playing” around with different scenarios the night before.  In that way, you can plan your entire day and get all your snacks prepared ahead of time so you are not stuck the next day guessing and making bad choices.

Now, I enter my personal favorite meal, which I eat every single day (Shakeology).  Just tap “Add” and begin typing the name and the many options appear.

 

 

As you can see, it is really that simple to get up and running to start counting calories.  It has been over a year on my fitness journey and I am still counting calories every day.  It is that crucial to your success!

Are there any programs that you use that you find useful?   Drop me a comment down below and share with the group.

Here’s to your health!  Keep “bringing it”!

-Coach Fred

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *